Having a broker to help you navigate the options when it comes to property insurance is essential.

There are so many different products out there from comprehensive to “bare bones” policies and there is a lot to consider to ensure you are adequately covered and your most valuable assets are properly protected.

Types of Insurance

There are many considerations in determining whether you have adequate limits of coverage on my home and or contents.  For example, Do you have guaranteed replacement cost? What about liability exposures? As a renter or property owner, what are my risks? Do I have adequate limits of coverage? Contact us for a review—we can help answer your questions.

  • Renters/Tenants Insurance

  • Condominium Owners Insurance

  • Homeowners Insurance

  • Cottages/Seasonal & Secondary Homes

  • Rental Properties

  • High value property and contents including fine arts and jewellery

  • Home Based Business

  • Boat & Watercraft

  • Umbrella/Excess Liability

  • Travel Insurance

  • Home-Sharing - Designed for people who rent their homes on a short-term basis through a home rental network such as Flipkey, Airbnb and HomeAway

Your Personal Insurance Checklist


The number one threat to homes and business and the primary cause of claims for property owners and renters in Canada. Do you have sewer backup coverage? If so, what are the limits?  Did you know that sewer backup claims don’t only happen in basements?  What about Overland Water Protection?  We work with some of Canada’s leading insurance providers who have been the first to offer this type of water protection in Canada.

Property Rentals

Maybe you are considering renting out part of your property to short terms renters through sites like AirBNB or Home Away. Or, maybe you want to turn your basement into an apartment? Do you know that it is essential to notify your insurance provider as it may change the type of coverage you require and the premium you pay? 


Do you have a child going away to college or university? Will your policy extend coverage to them while they are attending school away from home?


Not only do you need to notify your insurance provider to ensure adequate coverage during the renovation but as brokers we can give you advise about the questions you should be asking of your contractor.  Have they done similar work? Have you signed a contract? Are they adequately insured in the event that the do something negligent that causes damage to your property, an adjacent property or to a person?


Are you receiving all of the discounts that you can help to reduce your premium? We will ask you all of the right questions to make sure you get all of the discounts that will help ensure you have the competitive premium.

We will work with you to understand your needs and exposures to ensure you have the right coverage to protect what is most important to you.  We can offer you options with the different insurance companies we have carefully selected to partner with. Of course, in the event that something does go wrong we will assist you in navigating through the claims process.  

We will be your advocate! 

Have any questions? We can help.

Contact us—we can help you access and use your MyMills portal and app.
Tollfree: 800-953-0999   Phone: 416-489-5570    Email: contactus@millsinsurancebrokers.ca